Public Works (APW)
Lead - Lee Watts
Co-Leads - Caitlin Farley, Taylor "Stunt" Krebs, Stewart "Tardy" Waymire
The Alchemy Public Works Team (APW) oversees all infrastructure needs before and during the event. APW works with all other teams as well as the Event Lead Team to identify and procure needed materials. Additionally, they are responsible for building or organizing the building of all structures (except the Effigy and Temple) and setting up other infrastructure items onsite, as well as overseeing the physical inventory and maintenance of all Flashpoint Artists Initiative's owned items. APW needs strong, dedicated volunteers (Timmies) to accomplish a great number of general and skilled labor tasks before and during the Burn.
Volunteer with APW and get your very own Timmy Tag! We work hard, but we have a lot of fun doing it.
Want to lead Public Works at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Public Works Team Lead Expectations:
- Develop of a clear plan and budget for all needed items based on current inventory and additional identified items.
- Organize and completing a pre-event inventory of on-site and off-site materials before final team budgets are due.
- Assist in development and implementation of transportation plans for all materials that need to be taken onsite.
- Working with teams to identify material, equipment and other needs so that timely orders can be placed.
- Develop a plan for all contingencies during the event - firewood, fuel, etc.
- Organize an on-site work-weekend (9/26-28) and executing to ensure all builds are complete by the time gates open on 10-2. This includes a plan for construction and volunteer needs.
- Attend the full event, including the pre-event work weekend.
- Develop and implement a plan for managing and checking in/out team resources such as golf carts, radios, etc.
- At the close of the event, meeting with the Teardown team to hand over a list of infrastructure items left on site (and their locations).
- Collaborate with Teardown team to update the final inventory of assets.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training