Alchemy 2016 Education team
Lead - Citrus Blossom
Co-Lead - Maggie "Backhand" McKenney
What makes you a burner? Because you’ve been to BRC, attended any burn, or just love outdoor festivals? Sure these are things burners do, but what really defines us are the 10 principles. As the Principles Lead, you get to help ensure that we spread this message to everyone that comes to Alchemy. Education is responsible for the education and acculturation of all participants as they enter the event. The Education team organizes the volunteers who provide a greeting function to new arrivals at Alchemy. Education is usually the second individuals encountered by new arrivals after the Gate workers. As such, Education can be helpful in building the burn "bubble" for newly arriving participants.
Want to lead Education at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Education Team Lead Expectations:
- Create innovative and fun ways to get participants excited about the 10 principles.
- Meet and greet Participants as they enter the event, and helping them create a burn bubble.
- Manage and schedule volunteers as needed.
- Education efforts leading up to the burn are highly encouraged!
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training