Leads: Justin Majors & Claudia Bittman
Co-Lead: Alyse Longenecker
Assistant Lead: Liz Ramsey
Task Lead - Web Content: Old Man Dale
Task Lead - Blogs: Serenity River
The purpose of the Art Team is to empower community members to achieve their artistic vision through logistical support as well as funding via the online art fundraiser. The Art Team works with artists on tasks like making budgets, promoting themselves and their vision, and connecting them with the resources they need. The Art Team is here to help artists develop many of the administrative and networking skills necessary to undertake an art project of any scale. In short: Do you love art, and want to help make it happen? The Art Team just might be for you! No, you don't have to idenfity as an artist, yourself.
For the first time we will have a tent just for Art at the burn! You can find the Art Hub at Center Camp this year. This tent will include maps of all the registered art, funded or independent. There will also be info available about the funded projects and artists. Two other events, an artist social and a fundraiser Q&A, will be held at the Hub and give everyone a chance learn more about the fundraising process or just more about the artists themselves. Come volunteer to help make this new hub thrive!
Want to lead the art team at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Art Team Lead Expectations:
- Work with with Placement, Sound, and Fire Safety Teams as needed to facilitate proper placement and safety procedures during the event.
- Work with the Art Fundraiser Team, as needed.
- Manage purchasing of signs and swag as needed.
- Artist outreach and central point of info.
- Publish and promote all the things art: Fundraiser, deadlines, funded projects, etc.
- Connecting artists with needed resources such as volunteers, theme camps, or work spaces.
- Support the burn's theme: promotion, guidance, discussions, etc.
- Write the call outs, and manage the submissions for any art-related event items.
- Publish and encourage submissions for the call outs.
- Experience with digital imaging preferred.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training