Rejoice! Alchemy will carry on the tradition of awarding scholarship tickets to community members who demonstrate a need for financial assistance in regards to acquiring a ticket. The 2016 Flashpoint Artists Initiative Events Committee has set aside *up to* 30 tickets for Alchemy X!
The primary goal of the Scholarship Ticket Program is to support community members during difficult times, and help them join us at the Burn. A secondary goal is to foster artistic expression through the submissions our people will make. Show us your creativity!
We trust that you will be thoughtful about the goals of this program. We ask that you only apply if you *truly* are in need of support to make it to the Burn. After all, this is a gift from all of us as a community to help each other out, not a free handout.
Read all the instructions below and follow them carefully. We will reject any submissions that don’t comply!
How Can I Apply For a Scholarship Ticket?
Write a letter that explains why you would like to be awarded a scholarship ticket. Stuff that sucker in an envelope and send it to us via snail-mail (address at the bottom). It’s that simple. Here are some important things to follow:
- Your main letter needs to be no longer than one page of 8.5 by 11 paper (front and back is fine). Pretty paper is okay!
- You need to include a second page or note that lists your legal name, preferred name (we publish a list of recipients), email, address, and phone number. Keep your name off the main letter!
- Make sure your submission is sent out no later than July 16, 2016!
Why Keep My Name Off The Main Letter?
- We end up with lots of gorgeous, moving submissions. We want to display this art at the Burn to be experienced by more than just the selecting group. No name = protecting the privacy of your story. If you don’t want us to put your submission on display, please indicate that in your letter.
- We want to be objective and fair during selection. Having no name on the letter helps with that.
What Can I Do to Improve My Odds?
- You are encouraged, but not required, to describe your financial hardship. No need to include any specifics such as a paystub or annual income. We’re not the IRS.
- You are HIGHLY encouraged to make your submissions as creative and artistic as possible.
- You are encouraged to, but not required, to describe any other life hardship.
- You are encouraged to describe how you participate as a community member at the Burn or year-round. Team volunteering, Theme Camps, Art Projects, etc.
- Let us know if you this is your first burn or your first Alchemy!
Every submission will be scored based on the criteria above
Anything Else I Should Know?
Submissions will be disqualified if the applicant was awarded a Flashpoint Artist Initiative Scholarship Ticket in 2015 or 2016.
Don’t send anything that you consider a gift to the selection committee or anyone else in leadership. All of these items will be either displayed as art at the Burn or auctioned off at the next art fundraiser (unless you ask us not to do so).
Now that you have soaked up all this information, please feel free to email email@example.com for any questions.
Send your submissions to:
Flashpoint Artists Initiative
1922 King Arthur’s Court
Marietta, GA 30062
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JULY 16, 2016.