FAI BOD Minutes October 2016
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at Old Smyrna Firehouse at 2:00 pm on October 30, 2016, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.
The following Directors were present: Dusty, Rebecca, Michelle, Anna, Aislinn.
The following Officers were present: Dusty, president; Michelle, vice-president.
The following members of the community were present: Nathan Thacker, Brian Marino, Ash Monogue, Ashta Monogue, Patrick Flaherty, Sara H, Justin Stroup, Sarah Griffith, Trevor Register, Robert Harrison, Ean, and 4 more people who did not report names for the record.
The president called the meeting to order at 2:15 pm.
The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was tabled as they had been presented for review too late for proper consideration.
In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:
Oct 26: The Board voted to pay $16,000 in 2016 sales tax for Alchemy 2016. This expenditure is accounted for within the 2016 budget.
- Committee’s Reports –
- Event Committee – Full post-budget not completed yet; receipts are still being submitted. Pyrotechnics line item will come down in cost as they were not used at the event. There is an anticipated 10.6% increase in expenditures for Alchemy 2016 vs Alchemy 2015. Moving the infrastructure to and from event locations accounted for about 5% of the increase. One sound complaint was made during Alchemy. Neighbor was amenable to solutions if Little Big Jam is used in the future. EC is planning further improvements to SOPs in response to owner and local law enforcement feedback. The burn ban that prevented the effigy burn at Alchemy 2016 may impact future events. Georgia is in its worst drought in 5 years and the burn ban will be extended indefinitely.
- Land Search – Visit to Chattooga County planned for November 12.
- Taxes – 2014 taxes paid in an amount under $5,000 and under budget.
- Governance - elected or appointed board.
- BOD went into executive session 4:15-4:46
- No vote on governance for this sitting board.
- Money Market - $50,002.32
- Org - $68,000
- Event - $48,000
- PWC – $6,400
- 2017 Events
- Motion: Should FAI sponsor Euphoria 2017? Motion passed: one nay, three yea, and Michelle voted yea with rights: originally leaning towards nay, but the unscientific poll of committed volunteers present at the meeting swayed her vote.
- Motion: Should FAI sponsor Alchemy 2017? Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion: Dusty moves that we split events out under their own leadership teams under the Event Committee umbrella. Motion passes unanimously.
- Chairing Committees and BOD Voting Rights
- Motion: Should voting BOD members be precluded from other executive committee leadership? Motion passes; three yea, two nay.
- 2017 Elections Committee
- Ad hoc committee formed by volunteers present: Michelle Waymire (chair), Patrick Flaherty, Sara H, Llucas Chizek, Anna Stroup.
- Adjourned 5:14 pm.