FAI BOD Minutes January 2017

michelle's picture

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at The Old Smyrna Firehouse (2889 Alexander Street SE. Smyrna, GA) at 11:00 am on January 14, 2017, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: Michelle Waymire, Ash Monogue, David Stabler, Chad Jones, Daniel Draven, Mary Robb

The following Officers were present: Michelle Waymire, Vice President

The following members of the community were present: N/A

The President called the meeting to order at 11:00 am.

Executive session to discuss status of committees took place from 11:26 am - 12:18 pm.
In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

  • December 8, 2016 - Voted to renew FAI Thundertix account to the amount of $1,995.
  • December 10, 2016 - Voted to accept Mike Alberghini's proposal to act as Event Lead for Euphoria 2017.
  • December 10, 2016 - Vote to accept Rebecca Rea's resignation as a 2017 Board of Directors member, effective December 31, 2016, in order to act as Event Lead for Alchemy 2017, effective January 1, 2017.
  • December 10, 2016 - Voted to appoint Mary Robb to complete Rebecca Rea's term as a Board of Director, effective January 1, 2017 and concluding December 31, 2017.
  • December 22, 2016 - Voted to appoint Ash Monogue and Daniel Draven to the FAI Board of Directors, with terms beginning January 1, 2017 and ending December 31, 2018, or until their replacements are named.
  • January 6, 2016 - Voted to appoint Chad Jones to fill Dusty Graham's empty seat on the FAI Board of Directors for the remainder of his term ending December 31, 2017, or until elections are held.

Old Business:

  • President’s Report - Our old president, Dusty Graham, has resigned from the board, his position as president, and all FAI committees. The board accepts his resignation and thanks him for his service. Acting president is Michelle Waymire, Vice President.
  • Committee Updates
    • Communications/TechOps Committee (Michelle)
      • Primary Liaison - Michelle; Secondary Liaison - Chad
      • David Stabler accepts Chair of Committee position
      • Ash makes a motion to hire a web designer to get the FAI website off the ground quickly. Chad seconds. Decided to table until budget discussion in New Business section
      • Ash makes a motion to buy email addresses for board members and committee chairs. Chad seconds. Decided to table until budget discussion in New Business section
      • Wufoo forms for paid accounts - to be used for each committee to submit monthly updates, contact forms for website, to replace Census tool, elections, and give Events form access for proposals and registrations, keep a centralized record of everything in one place vs. current disparate system. Ash motioned, Chad seconded, tabling until budget discussion.
      • Michelle will be creating a marketing plan and communication guidelines for the org.
      • Need to establish who clearly manages social media channels -- who’s an admin, vs. who moderates threads. Also: LinkedIn
    • Community Outreach Committee (Daniel)
      • Primary Liaison - Draven; Secondary Liaison - Ash
      • Ash nominates Anna Holladay for Community Outreach chair. Draven seconds.
      • Goal is to establish feasibility of new land sites from an outreach standpoint and begin building bridges with local communities
      • Donated $10,000 to local Atlanta groups at end of 2016. Major kudos and love from Pride School this year <3
    • Conduct Committee (Chad)
      • Primary liaison - Chad; Secondary - Daniel
      • Moved to executive session to discuss applicants from 1:53 pm - 2:14 pm. 
      • Chad and Daniel to vet applicants, establish a Committee chair, select Committee members, and prepare official charter to get Conduct Committee started
      • Motion to establish secure location for storing conduct violation-related documents - Chad motions, Draven seconds. Tabling until budget discussion.
    • Event Committee (Ash)
      • Motioned and seconded via email. Voted online to accept Mike Alberghini's proposed Department Leads for Euphoria 2017. 3 yea, 2 yea with rights. David Stabler, non-voting member, did not vote. Yea with rights: Ash accepts the slate but believes Mike should nominate a Structure lead from existing slate or new candidate, as well as clarify chain of command for Art Department leads in the event of an onsite incident. Yea with rights: Mary approves slate but cites same reasons as Ash.
      • Ash motions to discuss event budgeting. Mary seconded. Discussion tabled to budget.
      • Moved to executive session to discuss appointing a non-board chair. from 2:39 pm - 3:03 pm.
      • Ash motions to direct the Events Committee to create a third Event Lead team, to be placed in charge of the 2017 Alchemy Art Fundraiser, to be selected via community call out. Seconded by Chad. Passed by consensus.
    • Public Works Committee (Mary)
      • The chair of the Public Works Committee has resigned via email. Draven motions to accept resignation. Ash seconds. The board accepts his resignation by consensus and thanks him from his service.
      • Michelle and Mary to follow up on action items addressed in chair’s resignation email
      • Michelle to request a 2016 membership roster of PWC members to follow up on membership status of rest of committee.
    • Land Search (Ash)
      • Ash to reach out to potential members to affirm 2016 membership status.
  • 2016 budget review and financial update - Chair motions to table to online discussion
  • Future and direction of art fundraiser - Addressed as part of EC discussion.

New business:

  • Motion to select officers for the 2017 calendar year. Passed by consensus.
    • President: Michelle Waymire
    • Vice President: Mary Robb
    • Treasurer: Daniel Draven
    • Secretary: TBD
  • Meeting schedule for rest of 2017
    • Standing monthly meeting scheduled for third Saturday of each month from 1-4 PM unless otherwise scheduled. Location TBD.
    • Monthly standing board Hangout scheduled for first Wednesday of every month at 9:00 PM.
  • 2017 Budget discussion - tabled to online discussion
  • Promissory note to Alchemy, LLC
    • Reached out to Jacob regarding best practices for payment of promissory note.
    • Executive session at 3:40 PM. Closed at 3:42 PM.
  • Technology and tools - tabled as part of the online budgetary discussion
    • StrengthsFinder
    • Budgeting Software
    • Freedcamp
  • Improving committee structure - tabled to online discussion. Ash to assume responsibility for preparing recommendations on structure.
    • Committee charter template
    • Organizational Chart
    • Conflict resolution (intra/inter-committee; committee and board)
    • Committee reporting norms
  • Email addresses for Board members and committee chairs 
    • Ash motions to approve $750 per year to create email accounts for board members, officers, and committee chairs. Chad seconds. Passed by consensus.
  • Leadership Code of Conduct for board, chairs, and major leadership
    • Mary to draft policy for review at next meeting
  • 2016 FAI Annual Report - tabled to online discussion
  • 2017 Bylaws review - tabled to online discussion
  • Flashpoint Website launch
    • Finances discussed as part of Committee updates
    • Ash to get quotes for wireframes
  • How the event budgeting is being handled
    • Ash motions to create three sub accounts to the master account for each of the three event teams. Draven seconds. Passed by consensus.
  • Bank Statement (as of January 14, 2017)
    • Org:            $52,290.17    
    • Event:             $46,129.96
    • APW:            $5,144.18
    • Money Market:        $50,034.72

Action items:

  • Creating a marketing plan and communication guidelines for the org (Michelle)
  • Need to establish who clearly manages social media channels -- who’s an admin, vs. who moderates threads (Michelle)
  • Send Anna an email to ask her if she wants to be Community chair (Draven)
  • Distribute press statement for EOY donations on LinkedIn (Michelle)
  • Review Conduct Committee applicants, recommend a Committee chair, recommend Committee members, and prepare official charter to get Conduct Committee started (Chad and Daniel)
  • Ask Jacob for recommendations on how to store conduct violation-related documents (Ash)
  • Get EC to set up an Art Fundraiser Event Lead team (Ash) 
  • Follow up on action items addressed in PWC chair’s resignation email (Michelle and Mary)
  • Request a 2016 membership roster of PWC members to follow up on membership status of rest of committee (Michelle)
  • Reach out to potential land search members to affirm 2016 membership status (Ash)
  • Preparing recommendations on committee update structure (Ash)
  • Draft Leadership Code of Conduct (Mary)
  • Get quotes for FAI website launch (Ash)
  • Handle set-up of three event sub-accounts (Michelle and Draven)
  • Write up meeting review (Draven) and send via Alchemist (Michelle)

Meeting adjourned by consensus at 4:14 PM.

Date: 
Friday, 17 March 2017

Stay Informed!

Sign up now for the Alchemist!