FAI BOD Minutes: July 2015

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING

OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at 6:10 p.m. on July 12th, 2015, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: David, Anna, Tareq, Jessica, Ash, Michelle, Tunna

The following Directors were excused:

The following Directors were absent:

The following acted as secretary for the meeting: David

The following members of the Community were in attendance:

The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online.  Minutes approved by consensus.

 

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of Business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

 

Approved retainer for Counsel representation (pending minor edits to document to reflect new business address, etc)

Approved purchase of Directors and Officers Insurance in the amount of $1995.40 for a two year policy:

The Alchemy 2014 Afterburn report was submitted to the Board for review

 

The following old business was discussed:

 

  1. Board Secretary Process - Anna (no applicants at this time)

  2. Regional Status - new events policy from BM needs further review (Regional Use Agreement) but we’ll talk about status again.  Action to contact BMORG to set up meeting; still trying to get everyone to coordinate a date; considering November

  3. New Venue Committee - applications have been made from good people interested in land usage

  4. Committee Updates

    1. PW Committee - committee is training new people for upcoming leadership roles; inventory update happened; need to consider purchasing scaffolding towers

    2. Event Committee Updates - budgets coming in; ticket sales going well; purchasing to start soon; published new scholarship guidelines;

    3. Communications Committee

      1. Website update - being tested, volunteering system is being tweaked before going live so Alchemy 2015 may stay on old templates.  Flashpoint and Euphoria site to go live first.  Alchemist publishing schedule released.

    4. Community Outreach Committee Updates - continuing to stay in touch with Counterpoint for next May opportunities, authorized visit by outreach team; Lamplighters to consider September 12th Lantern parade; Hoop and Moop spin and park cleanup

    5. Tech Ops Committee Updates - no new projects that the board knows of.  Ash to reach out to rest of committee to talk about projects and web sites.

  5. Budget - working to create an operational voted vs spent vs overage reporting budget for ongoing analysis; working with Sunshine and Stacia about previous operations, CPA relationship, etc.

  6. Relationship with LEO in Walker County - Call was made to LEO and Counsel will follow up with letter to determine process for interaction requirements.

  7. Drones - continuing to be researched for survival guide with community

  8. Global Leadership Conference Report - tabled pending submission

  9. Strategic Planning Goals Progress - scheduling a strategic goals meeting to bring up goals with new board member Michelle

  10. 501c3 Status - going to work with CPA to get a professional view of the paperwork

  11. Committee Mergers - in progress

    1. Merge Techops and Communication

      1. Ash, David, Michelle

    2. Merge Outreach and Programs (pending) and Leadership Development (pending)

      1. Anna, Jessica, Michelle

    3. Merge Public Works and Venue (pending)

      1. Tunna, Ash

 

V. NEW BUSINESS

 

  1. Needed in writing: Jacob being Mel's attorney if she is arrested and bail (we need this for the future ELT too), such as for noise complaint issues

  2. Afterburn Report - first draft has been created, being cleared for second round and final publication; working on a template to standardize reporting; Tareq will put together a survey to assess what the final format should look like.

  3. Media Request from Liz Turcotte from RSVPATL

    1. Outreach to contact to discuss media requirements, publishing, review of materials, presentation without appearing as an event review

  4. Permanent Build Space offer from Tim Wheelock

    1. an alternative offer has been tendered to the board at this time for the current needs, but looking at the opportunity is important to the board

  5. Use of a technology for password management for centralized clearance, considering LastPass.

  6. Setting a Sexual Assault policy, outside of legal limitations, concerning active response and what to put in the book, and how a policy on ejection and banning participants would be designed before needed, if warranted.  Reaching out to other orgs to see how this is managed.

  7. New Google Drive location for Institutional Knowledge created for storage of primary information.

 

  1. Bank Statement - Current as of 7/12/2015

  1. Org $ 24,559.91

  2. Event $ 203,113.69

  3. APW $ 2,327.03

  4. Money Market $ 25,006.27

  5. Paypal $ 0.00

 

VI. ACTION ITEMS

 

Schedule meeting with Tech Ops -- Ash, by 20 July 2015

Schedule Strategy Meeting - Jessica, by 17 July 2015

Ask Jacob what the process is for representation D&O in service related functions -- David, by 20 July 2015

Reaching out to other orgs about their harassment/assault and banning policies - Ash, by 15 July 2015

 

VII. CONFIRM UPCOMING MEETING

 

July Meeting Date - 09 August at 03pm at Anna’s House; 58 Fenwick Place NE, Sandy Springs 30328

 

VIV. ADJOURN

 

Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm by Consensus

 

Stay Informed!

Sign up now for the Alchemist!