FAI BOD Minutes: March 2015



The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at 1:35 p.m. on March 14th, 2015, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: David, Jessica, Sunshine, Anna, Tunna

The following Directors were excused: Tareq, Ash

The following Directors were absent:

The following acted as secretary for the meeting: David

The following members of the Community were in attendance:


The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online.  The minutes were approved as presented by consensus after a motion from the chair, seconded by Sunshine.  Official notice that Feb meeting failed to meet quorum, no minutes were provided beyond attendance notes.


In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of Business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:


  1. Vote to approve $48 for Drupal theme. Approved by consensus.
  2. Vote to approve $200 for Southeast Leadership Conference attendees. Approved with 4 yay votes and 1 abstention.
  3. Per group discussion, it was agreed that we should put a one week closing date on all online BOD votes (Yahoo Group Polls), unless the vote is time sensitive and needs a faster decision.
  4. Per group discussion, the board approved the Art Outreach team’s request to apply for an art grant through The Goat Farm’s Field Experiment project.
  5. Approved Organizational Budget. Approved by Consensus.
  6. Accepted Euphoria Budget. Approved 4 yay, 1 abstain.


The following old business was discussed:


  1. Overdue Minutes - missing Feb/Mar/Apr; tried one more attempt to reach out to get whatever notes we can, will have to composite minutes as possible. -- Jessica
  2. Board Secretary Process -- a new person has shown interest in the Secretary position, will be approached by Anna.
  3. Regional Status -- no movement, tabled until retreat
  4. New Venue Committee -- pending callout
  5. Committee Updates
    1. PW committee - needs to have new budgeted money shifted to account for use, team design doc task coincident with Euphoria planning
    2. Event Committee -- Euphoria budget approved, meetings ongoing, Alchemy budget being finalized but pricing and caps being discussed to cover some vendor costs going up.  Working to protect community expectations.
    3. Communications Committee Update -- Alchemist publication schedule set up.   Website updates planned with Brittany.
    4. Community Outreach Committee Updates -- Sarah and Jessica meeting with Beltline, lots of excitement, potential for FAI Info session for our artists to put Art on the Beltline.  Service project and event potential in November.  Connections to Atlanta Fringe Festival and Easter Art Hunt from networking.
    5. Tech Ops Committee Updates -- Holding pattern for new website template after design changes.
  6. Board Retreat
    1. Doodle for scheduling
    2. Investigation of Organizational Development Consultant for strategic planning
    3. Probably going to happen in April, pending location determination
  7. 501(c)(3) Status
    1. Paperwork being accomplished, needs to precede tax paperwork.
  8. Services Account Update
    1. There are a lot -- the accounts and passwords are being recorded as needed and identified.
    2. DBAs are updated:
      1. Org business address: 2480 Briarcliff Road Suite 6-130, Atlanta, GA 30329
      2. Events shipping address: 2480 Briarcliff Road Suite 6-323, Atlanta, GA 30329
      3. SOS records needs to be updated.
  9. Southeastern Leadership Conference
    1. Group attended, focused on community outreach, lots of good networking.
  10. Writeup for Property Loss public statement - Ash - tabled


The following new business was brought before the board:


  1. Financial Update
    1. Smokey W9 info given to Stacia, need conf she has for filing.
    2. CPA Meeting
      1. Taxes to be filed post 501(c)(3) filing, extension in place
      2. Company looks good to CPA at this time.
  2. SOS filing - to be handled by Sunshine now that addresses are secured
  3. Additional donation to Art on the Beltline
    1. Would like to donate additional $1500 for visibility
    2. Motion from Anna to provide $1500 from FAI donation budget to Art on the Beltline and to ask for our previous $1000 to be shifted from general funds to join this to be a total of $2500.  Seconded by Jessica.  Passed by Consensus.
  4. Insurance Status
    1. Euphoria -- paperwork filed, waiting on underwriter approval.
    2. D&O -- paperwork submitted.
  5. Bank Statement - Current as of 3/14/2015
    1. Org -  $34,927.22
    2. Event -  $33,389.79
    3. APW -  $3083.07
    4. Money Market - $25,002.09
    5. Paypal - $32,916.12 (transfer to Event account is pending)
  6. Community Member has offered to present information about non-profit 501(c)(3) status; Tunna will reach out to invite to retreat opening for introductory comments.
  7. GLC - April 10-12.
    1. Board to consider funding to send one community leader to represent FAI.
  8. Service Mark for FAI
    1. investigate costs to register a Service Mark


The board generated the following ACTION ITEMS


TechOps to create basic email addresses for board and/or committees for FAI -- Sunshine / 21Mar15

SOS records need to be updated with new addr and officers -- Sunshine / 31Mar15

Review IFRS/GAAP for budgetary buckets with Stacia -- Sunshine / 11Apr15

Verify status of membership for InterBEC requests -- David / 21Mar15

Fill out 501(c)(3) application - Jessica, Sunshine / 21Mar15

Add confirmed meetings to Action Item Calendar -- Sunshine / 21Mar15


The board confirmed the upcoming meeting:


April 11; At the Retreat location

May 17; Virtualized Meeting to replace May 9th meeting


Motion to Adjourn,  3:15 pm, seconded by Sunshine; passed by Consensus.


Stay Informed!

Sign up now for the Alchemist!